Carrot – 1 big sized, peeled and grated
Beetroot – 1 medium sized. peeled and grated
Finely chopped green chillies- as per taste
Grated ginger – 1 tsp
Oats – 2 cups – finely ground
Chickpeas flour and water/ boiled and mashed potatoes – for binding
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Coriander – 1 tbsp – finely chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 °c
2. Mix the grated carrot, beetroot, chillies, ginger, coriander and oats together.
3. Now add all the spices, oil, salt, and lemon juice and mix well.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes because vegetables will leave juices because of the salt.
5. Now for binding add either boiled and mashed potatoes or chick peas flour and water as per requirement.
6. Make cutlets and keep side .
7. Brush the baking tray with oil and place the cutlets
8. Bake for 10 minutes on each side a 180°c.
1.You can also cook the cutlets on a non stick pan or fry them in oil.
2. I had used left over moong dal as the binding material for my cutlets. Any leftover daal or sabzi can also be used as a binder.