Biscuit is a favorite food for both kids and adults thus making it an all-time favorite snack. We all like eating a biscuit or a cookie with milk or a cup of coffee or tea. When it comes to snacking, biscuits are a very convenient option as they are easily available anywhere. Biscuits are also a good finger food option.
Eating a lot of biscuits is not really good for health. Even though a lot of digestive biscuit options are available in the market, we cannot eat them as much as we want.
My love for biscuits has encouraged me to experiment a lot in my kitchen. One of my all-time favorite recipes is my Homemade Apple Cinnamon Biscuits. They are tasty and healthy- all at the same time. These biscuits are a healthy breakfast option as well as healthy tea time/snack time option.
Health Benefits of Apple Cinnamon Biscuits
• The best part is- these biscuits are sugar-free. Hence, they are good for the kids. Sugary products, especially those made of white sugar are not good for kids as they damage kid’s teeth.
• These biscuits are a perfect snack time option for health conscious people. They contain healthy and nutrition ingredients and are low in calories.
• You can totally make these biscuits without the honey as well and they become a perfect snack alternative for diabetic people. Cinnamon is good for curing diabetes.
• It is a good option for using fruits, especially if your family members are fussy eaters and don’t like fruits.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serving Quantity: 18- 24 biscuits (depending on the shape and size of the biscuits)
1 ½ cup- Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
1 cup – Whole Oats/Rolled Oats
1 Big sized – Apple
2 tablespoon – Ghee/Clarified Butter
1 ½ teaspoon – Cinnamon Powder
2 tablespoon – Honey
2-3 tablespoon – Milk
1 teaspoon – Baking Powder
A pinch of salt
- Keep the oven on preheat mode at 180⁰C. Either use butter paper or grease the baking tray with some oil or ghee.
- Peel off the skin of the apple and puree it with 2 tbsp milk in a mixer.
- Finely grind 1 cup of oats.
- Mix 1 /2 cup of wheat flour, ground oats, cinnamon powder, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add ghee and honey and mix it evenly in the flour. Remove lumps, if any.
- Then add the apple puree and knead the mixture into a soft dough.
- If the dough is too tight, add 1 tbsp of milk and knead again.
- Sprinkle some wheat flour of a rolling board and roll the dough. Cut the desired shape for the biscuits. If the dough is sticking to the roller pin, sprinkle some more flour. The thickness of the rolled dough should be minimum ½ centimeter.
- Line the biscuits in the already prepared baking tray and bake them for around 20 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits and they are ready to be served with a piping hot cup of tea or coffee.