The World of Books
(Last Updated On: December 5, 2016)

Conversations are a very funny thing. We have conversations on varied topics. A good conversation is a long string which leads us from one topic to another. But do they always sound the same to a third person who is not a part of the conversation???

Yep!!! that is right. Conversations can be funny for a third person who does not know the context being spoken about.

I was having one such conversation with a friend on the last day of my german class trimester. We were merrily chatting away on the tram stop, unaware of the impact it might have on the other people who might hear or conversation.

“It’s very confusing how many times to kiss a person”

Yes, you read that correct. I know our mind is so fast that just this sentence can trigger a range of funny, sensuous, sexy, wild,derogatory, angry thoughts. When I was thinking about it later, I thought what the others, who heard our conversation must be thinking of us.

But it is not what you are thinking. We were having a very social conversation!!!. It was clean topic and not an adult conversation.

As I mentioned earlier it was the last day of my german class and we all were saying our goodbyes. Me being new in Europe and that too from a small and conservative town in India; the culture of hugging each other and kissing on the cheeks while greeting one another or saying goodbye is new for me. Back home I was in the habit of hugging only those people who were really close to me. What I had gathered by observing the people here was that some people kiss on one cheek and some on both. So for me, I was unsure whether to extend my second cheek or not. I was clumsy and embarrassed at the same time as it was my first experience.

So in order to ease my embarrassment my friend started the conversation with “It’s very confusing how many times to kiss a person.” And apparently it seems that I am not the only one. Locals also get confused sometime.

And now you all know what it actually was after thinking of all the wild possibilities 😉 😉

0 thoughts on “What are you saying !!!”

Deepika · December 4, 2016 at 11:48 am

It was a good read. I had a great laugh and actually, sometimes people perceive things wrong than what it actually means. But It’s great you have a friend who can understand you. Wish you good luck and happiness!!

Prajakta · December 4, 2016 at 11:49 am

I am glad you liked it 🙂

Goin' the extra...aaamile · December 4, 2016 at 2:09 pm

I know most french people give 4 (again depends from which part of France) 🙂 I have an aunt from France and then her daughter too who come down for the holidays, so that’s a minimum of 8 kisses at least 😉
In India or with Indians, I do the hug which is cool and everyone prefers it 🙂

Prajakta · December 13, 2016 at 11:46 am

Thanks for the info. If i make any french friends i’ll know what to do 🙂

Simply-Me · December 4, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Lol some offer a kiss overload.

Prianka · December 13, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Haha, loved reading it.

Prajakta · December 14, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Thanks a lot Prianka 😊. It would be my pleasure if you browse through my blog for other posts as well 😊

Prianka · December 15, 2016 at 10:22 am