These fruit muffins are a perfect breakfast option. Because of the ingredients I use, these are low in calories and high in fibre. They keep you full till around lunch time. Pair them with a cup of tea or coffee and it’s a perfect breakfast.
Quantity : 12-14 muffins
Calories : 105 calories per muffin (approx)
Preparation time – around 20 minutes at max.for the batter
around 40 minutes for baking
Banana – 1 (finely chopped)
Orange – 1 (peeled and cut into small pieces)
Strawberries – 7 (finely chopped)
Blueberries – 1/4 cup (cut into halves)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Honey – 3-4 tbsp
Milk – 1.5 cups (I use low fat milk)
Oats – 1 cup (finely ground)
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Semolina (Suji) – 1/2 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
1. Pre- heat the oven at 180°C.
2. Mix the chopped fruits, oil, honey , vanilla essence and milk together. Mix it well and keep aside for about 5 minutes.
3. In another container mix the dry ingredients – wheat flour, oats, semolina baking powder and baking soda.
4. Now gradually add the dry ingredients to the fruit mixture and mix well.
5. Taste the mixture. This is the point where you can adjust the taste and consistency of the mixture.
5. Grease the muffin tray/ muffin moulds with oil.
6. Fill the moulds 2/3rd full with the muffin batter and bake for around 40-45 minutes at 180°C
7. Let the muffins cool down before eating.
Note: These muffins last around 4 days in the refrigerator.