During summers we all crave for fresh and soothing ingredients. It is easy to prepare summer special sweet dishes. But preparing savory dishes can be a sometimes difficult. My go to summer mantra is using as much mint possible in my savory dishes.
So here’s presenting one such dish- Mint Ginger Pulao. This pulao tastes so amazing, that it became one of the favourites for my family in no time.
1 1/2 cup rice – any long grain rice would do but I prefer Basmati Rice
1/2 cup – mint leaves
1 tbsp- finely chopped ginger
1 finely chopped onion
Finely chopped Green chillies – as per taste
4 cups- water for boiling the rice
2 cups- water for soaking the rice
3 tsp – oil
1 tsp- Jeera/ Cumin
1 1/2 tbsp- lemon juice
1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
Salt- as per taste
- Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for about half an hour
- Boil the soaked rice in 4 cups of water till it is cooked up to 90 %
- Now strain the excess water from the rice and keep it aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is hot enough temper the cumin seeds.
- Now add the chopped ginger and stir well.
- After about 30 seconds add the finely chopped green chillies and onions and let them cook.
- Once the onions are cooked, add the mint leaves and turmeric powder and stir for another 40 seconds.
- Now add the boiled rice and salt and mix well.
- Cover the wok and let the rice cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Mint Ginger Pulao is ready to be served.