The World of Books
(Last Updated On: June 18, 2017)

During summers we all crave for fresh and soothing ingredients. It is easy to prepare summer special sweet dishes. But preparing savory dishes can be a sometimes difficult. My go to summer mantra is using as much mint possible in my savory dishes.

So here’s presenting one such dish- Mint Ginger Pulao. This pulao tastes so amazing, that it became one of the favourites for my family in no time.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tbsp- lemon juice
1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
Salt- as per taste

Method :

1. Soak the rice in 2 cups of water for about half an hour
  2. Boil the soaked rice in 4 cups of water till it is cooked up to 90 %
  3. Now strain the excess water from the rice and keep it aside.
  4. Heat 3 tsp oil in a wok.
  5. Once the oil is hot enough temper the cumin seeds.
  6. Now add the chopped ginger and stir well.
  7. After about 30 seconds add the finely chopped green chillies and onions and let them cook.
  8. Once the onions are cooked, add the mint leaves and turmeric powder and stir for another 40 seconds.
  9. Now add the boiled rice and salt and mix well.
  10. Cover the wok and let the rice cook for about 10 minutes.
  11. Add lemon juice, mix well and switch off the flame.
  12. Mint Ginger Pulao is ready to be served.

10 thoughts on “Summer Special Pulao Recipe : Pudina Pulao / Mint Fried Rice”

Megala · June 18, 2017 at 8:46 am

Lovely flavorful rice! Will try for sure!

Prajakta · June 18, 2017 at 10:09 am

Thank you so much for reading the post 🙂 And please do tell me how it turned out 🙂

Nallely/ tips4chiks · June 19, 2017 at 3:53 am

Great recepie!! Looks delicious I have always been afraid of making rice but you made look so easy

Prajakta · June 20, 2017 at 11:37 pm

Thank you for reading the post. I am glad you liked it. Do let me know when you try it 🙂

mysecretplate · June 19, 2017 at 8:03 am

Luvd da way u hv presented too 👌

Prajakta · June 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm

Kimberly · June 19, 2017 at 1:26 pm

I’ve never had pulao before. This sounds delicious!

Prajakta · June 20, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Thank you for reading the post. This recipe is both tasty and easy to prepare 🙂

krupa (@IshtyleAwhile) · June 21, 2017 at 4:44 am

It looks so yum!! Not a huge fan of mint but I think this is something I would try.