Servings : 3 portions
Preparation time – 20-25 minutes (excluding the time required to boil the beetroot)
Penne pasta – 2 cups (before boiling)
Beetroot – 1 large/ 2 small
Garlic cloves – 4 large cloves (Finely chopped)
Almonds – 15
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – as per taste
Salt – as per taste
Parmesan cheese – for garnish
1. Boil the beetroot. If using pressure cooker cook till two whistles. If using oven- wrap the beetroot in aluminium foil and bake at 200°C for about 50 minutes (oven should be pre-heated). You can boil the beetroot a day before as well
2. Roast the almonds in a pan for about 5 minutes on high heat.
3. Make a puree of the beetroot and almonds together.
4. Meanwhile boil around 4 cups of water in a container. When the water begins to boil add the penne paste and let it boil for about 10 minutes and then strain the pasta and keep aside.
5. In a separate pan add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute the garlic till they are light brown in colour.
6, Now add the beetroot and almond puree , oregano, black pepper, chilli powder and salt and saute for about 5 minutes.
7. Now add the boiled pasta and cook for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve the pasta hot with a garnish of parmesan cheese.