A perfect way to begin the day is a lovely, healthy and a hassle free breakfast.
One of my favourite breakfasts is roasted whole oats with yoghurt and strawberries.
Servings – 3 portions
Calories – about 280 in one serving
Preparation time : 15 minutes.
Whole oats – 2 cups
Yoghurt – 2 cups
Strawberries – 12-14 ( finely chopped)
Honey – 2 tbsp
Salt – 2 pinch
1. Mix whole oats, 1 tbsp honey and salt together. Make sure everything is mixed properly.
2. Now roast this oats mix till the oats are golden brown in colour. The oats can be roasted either in a pan in high heat or in the oven. I roasted them for about 12 minutes at 200°C.
3. Add the remaining 1 tbsp of honey in the yoghurt and mix well.
4. Take small cold drink glasses or dessert bowls. At the base add a layer of roasted oats. then add a layer of the yoghurt followed by a layer of finely chopped strawberries.
5. Repeat the process till the glass/bowl is full.
Some important points:
1. It is a very healthy breakfast option and keeps you full for quite some time.
2. The roasted oats can be prepared in advance. They last for about 10-12 days when kept in air tight container.
3. These roasted oats taste really very good and can be eaten without the accompaniments as well.